Parking Attendant Wanted - Queen Mary (Long Beach)
The Queen Mary
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles' major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood's golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston's and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship's museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
We are currently looking for a Parking Attendant to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. As a Parking Attendant, you'll be responsible for providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
Key responsibilities of a Parking Attendant include:
- Collecting payment for parking fees
- Entering payment into parking system
- Processing parking tickets and issuing correct change
- Selling and/or renewing Monthly Parking Passes
- Performing preventative maintenance on fee computers, individual booths and credit card veri-phones
- Providing coverage for all scheduled posts as needed and working in concert with Security Team regarding
- Reporting equipment malfunctions and updating parking passes and forms
- Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
- Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
The ideal Parking Attendant candidate will be customer service oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous parking attendant experience a plus
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Proven ability to act on and solve minor issues as they arise
- Ability to work autonomously for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking
- Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply with us online (click on the link below or cut and paste the link into your browser to be taken to our online application site):
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Location: Long Beach
- This is a part-time job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.