St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina was named this year's winner of the Roberto Clemente Award:MLB MLB.Yadimolina04 wins the 2018 Roberto Clemente Award for excellence on and off the field. Sx1jQPHbgfWhile the veteran is always among the best at his position Bryan Holaday Jersey , this honor is mostly due to work off the field. According to ESPN, Molina has spent much of this year providing aid to his native Puerto Rico after the devastation from Hurricane Maria in 2017."I feel very honored, very proud to receive the Roberto Clemente Award," Molina told ESPN's Marly Rivera.Molina spent two weeks in Puerto Rico last October whiledelivering food and water,This makes the award especially meaningful considering both Molina and Clemente are from Puerto Rico Brad Ziegler Jersey , with the former Pittsburgh Pirates star also known for his humanitarian work. Molina discussed what Clemente meant to him this week, perDerrick Gooldof theSt. Louis Post-Dispatch:"When I was growing up he was like a legend for us, like a hero, and he was everywhere. He was one of my heroes back in the day鈥攕till one of my heroes鈥攁nd just to have this award means a lot to me and to my family. I鈥檓 happy for that. It鈥檚 great. For the people of Puerto Rico, we鈥檝e been through many (challenges). We didn鈥檛 do it thinking of this award. But just to receive this award and makes us proud http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authe...d-carew-jersey , makes us proud, after all we did down there in Puerto Rico.It鈥檚 just a good feeling to add this award."He is the fourth Puerto Rican native to win the award and the fifth Cardinals player, the most of any organization.Molina was also solid on the field once again in 2018, hitting 20 home runs this season, which was the second most of his career. He also posted a .261 batting average on his way to his ninth All-Star selection.The catcher has already accomplished quite a bit in the majors Brian Dozier Jersey , but this honor might be his most meaningful. Two key players who helped propel the Milwaukee Brewers to the National League Championship Series will be free agents this offseason.Per an announcement from the Brewers, third baseman Mike Moustakas and relief pitcher Joakim Soria declined their player options for 2019.After waiting out the market in hopes of receiving a long-term contract last offseason, Moustakas returned to the Kansas City Royals on aone-year dealworth $5.5 million that included a $15 million mutual option for 2019.Soria was in the final guaranteed year of a three-year deal he signed in December 2015. His mutual option for next season wasworth$10 million.The Brewers acquired Soria in a trade with the Chicago White Sox on July 26. They added Moustakas in a deal with the Royals two days later.Moustakas hit .256/.326/.441 with eight homers in 54 games after the trade. He also had a walk-off RBI single in the 10th inning of Game 1 of the NLDS against the Colorado Rockies.Soria posted a 4.09 ERA with 26 strikeouts in 22 innings for the Brewers. The 34-year-old is a two-time All-Star and has 220 career saves.The Brewers went 96-67 during the regular season, winning the National League Central for the first time since 2011.